EEA Grants fund projects in 15 countries in Europe:
Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia. In addition to this, the Fund for Youth Employment accepts projects with partners from Ireland, Italy and Spain. The fund for Regional Cooperation accepts projects from Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Turkey and Ukraine.
They fund a large variety of topics:
- Innovation, research, education and competitiveness.
- Social Inclusion, youth employment and poverty reduction.
- Environment, energy, climate change and low carbon economy
- Culture, Civil Society, Good Governance and Fundamental rights and Freedoms.
- Justice and Home Affairs.
- Fund for Regional Cooperation.
- Fund for youth Employment.
These topics are not covered in every country but funding is rather prioritised the funding to what is most relevant in each country. In order to be eligible for funding, project ideas needs to fit into one of the programmes in each country and contribute to its overall objective.
Visit the country section on the EEA and Norway Grants website in order to see what areas are funded in your country.
Additionally, each country manages a national website for the EEA and Norway Grants. On these websites you can find more detailed information about the EEA and Norway Grants, both in English and in the native language:
- The EEA and Norway Grants in Bulgaria
- The EEA and Norway Grants in Croatia
- The EEA and Norway Grants in Cyprus
- The EEA and Norway Grants in the Czech Republic
- The EEA and Norway Grants in Estonia
- The EEA Grants in Greece
- The EEA and Norway Grants in Hungary
- The EEA and Norway Grants in Latvia
- The EEA and Norway Grants in Lithuania
- The EEA and Norway Grants in Malta
- The EEA and Norway Grants in Poland
- The EEA Grants in Portugal
- The EEA and Norway Grants in Romania
- The EEA and Norway Grants in Slovakia
- The EEA and Norway Grants in Slovenia
Deadline: Whenever funding becomes available, it is announced through official calls. Each call includes information on what kind of activities are funded, who can apply, the application deadline and all application instructions.